Co-Founder and Co-Owner
Dr. Khosroabadi is a Fellowship trained foot and ankle specialist graduated from New York College of Podiatric Medicine and completed a three year surgical residency in New York. He also completed a one year fellowship at the Rubin institute for Advanced Orthopedics / International Center for Limb Lengthening at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore Maryland with world renowned Orthopedic Surgeons , Dror Paley M.D. and John Herzenberg M.D.
CBS Doctor Show featuring Dr. Khosroabadi
The International Center for Limb Lengthening (ICLL) is world renowned for its expertise in limb lengthening and reconstruction. The ICLL, part of the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, opened at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore in July of 2001 with a brand new six-story facility designed by the Center's co-founders, Drs. Dror Paley (first orthopedic surgeon to introduce the Ilizarov method to the United States and Canada in 1985), John E. Herzenberg(chief of pediatric orthopedics at Sinai Hospital and co-director of the ICLL) the first team in the United States to dedicate their practices to limb lengthening and deformity reconstruction.
Fellowship Clinical Experience
The treatment of children and adults with upper and lower limb length discrepancies, short stature, limb deformities, nonunions, bone defects, bone infections, joint contractures, arthritis and distraction treatment of Perthes disease.
Participating at a major referral center for the Ponseti method of Clubfoot treatment. This facility offers friday clinics exclusively dedicated to the management of infants with clubfoot deformity and provides extensive experience with castings and tenotomies.
During my training I have been involved in a multi-modal approach to patient management by being an active participant with the departments of physical therapy, occupational therapy, radiology and the gait analysis lab all of which operate exclusively for the ICLL.
Fellowship Surgical Experience:
- Deformity Planning ( CORA)
- Application of External fixation (TSF, Ilizarov, monolateral)
- Supramalleolar and Focal dome Osteotomies for (Varus, Valgus, Procurvatum, recurvatum and rotational) doformities
- Flexion/extension Contractures of ankle and knee
- Treatment of Fibular Hamimelia, Tibia Hamemelia,
- Congenital Femoral Deficiency
- Perthes (core decompression + hip distraction)
- Charcot Foot treatment with external fixator
- Achondroplasia and Hypochondroplasia
- Severe Cavus foot , pes planus and neglected clubfoot using (ilizarov fixator/TSF)
- Muscle , Tendon Transfers
- Bone Deformities, Malunions, Non unions (distraction Osteogenesis)
- Ankle Fusion, Flattop Talus, ankle distraction (ilizarov , subtalar distraction for treatment of OA)
- Limb Lengthening ( ISKD, TSF, Ilizarov, LRS )
- Ponseti treatment for Clubfoot deformity, and PMR.
- Fixator assisted Nailing (FAN), Plating (FAP) and lengthening over nail (LON)
- Corticotomies ( multiple hole technique) and osteotomies (Gigli saw technique)
- Entrapments ; Tarsal tunnel, Peroneals, femoral nerve
- Foot and Ankle Alliance
- No Bunion
- Fix My Short Toe
- LLILA (The Limb Lengthening Institute of Los Angeles)
- The Clubfoot Institute